Depending on the output capability, the average cost of an industrial air compressor is $36,500 with prices ranging from $1,000 for a 5HP reciprocating air compressor to $70,000 for a 200HP air compressor for the US in 2022, according to CostOwl.
Average Industrial Air Compressor Prices
The average cost of an industrial air compressor is $36,500 with prices ranging from $1,000 for a 5HP reciprocating air compressor to $70,000 for a 200HP air compressor for the US in 2022 according to CostOwl.
- 5HP Reciprocating Air Compressor: $1,000 to $2,500.
- 5HP Rotary Air Compressor: $2,5000 to $5,000.
- 10HP Air Compressor: $3,5000 to $7,000.
- 25HP Reciprocating Industrial Air Compressor: $8,000 to $12,000.
- 50HP Rotary Air Compressor: $12,000 to $18,000.
- 100HP Industrial Air Compressor: $20,000 to $35,000.
- 200HP Air Compressor: $40,000-$70,000.
- Nationwide prices can vary for industrial air compressors. For example, a reciprocating machine may be had for $2,000 to $2,500 and a rotary machine may be purchased from 43,000 to $30,000. Used air compressors tend to run from $5,000-$7,500.
Air Compressor Operating Costs
By now you know the average costs of purchasing an air compressor, but what about operating these compressors?
- Maintenance: The good news is today a lot of compressors are oil-free, requiring little to no maintenance whatsoever. For compressors that are in use all day, though, routine maintenance is a necessity. When you are coming up with a budget, make sure maintenance needs are accounted for. Plan on paying up to 12% of the total cost of the compressor.
- Electricity: There is no doubt that compressors will use a ton of electricity. In fact, the electricity it takes to operate a compressor accounts for 75% of the machine’s overall cost.
Choosing An Industrial Air Compressor By Application
An industrial air compressor works by cooling air and reducing its volume. This machine is used in industries such as mechanical, manufacturing, hospitality, construction and agriculture. They are actually similar to the small air compressor you may have at home. only they have a bigger motor and a larger storage tank to handle more intensive jobs. There are a few things you need to be aware of before making a purchase.
You need to select an air compressor that is right for the purpose for which you will be utilizing it. Here are some terminologies that are key to deciding what machine is a good fit for you:
- Power: A compressors power is rated in horsepower (HP.) An industrial air compressor runs off gasoline or electricity.
- Storage Tank: Consider the air compressors capacity measured in gallons. The greater the size of the tank, the more cubic feet per minute it is capable of delivering. Large tank size does not equal more pounds per square inch.
- Air Pressure: Measured in pounds per square inch also known as PSI. To operate the machine will list the minimum amounts of PSI required.
- Air Flow: Measured in cubic feet per minute or CFM and similar to PSI you need to make sure the compressor you are using has the proper amount of CFM for the tools you are utilizing with it.
Types Of Air Compressors
These are the most popular types of air compressors:
Reciprocating Air Compressors
Reciprocating air compressors are thought of as positive displacement devices, meaning they increase the pressure of the air by decreasing its volume. Basically, the compressor takes in successive volumes of air which is limited into a closed area and increasing the air to a high pressure. A piston inside the cylinder helps carry out this feat. These kinds of air compressors are available as “air cooled” or “water cooled” in lubricated or non-lubricated layouts and are also provided in a number of various pressures and capacities.
Rotary Screw Compressors
Another kind of air compressor is the rotary screw compressor that are positive displacement compressors. The more typical rotary screw compressors are the single-stage helical or spiral-lobe oil inundated screw air compressors. These kinds of air compressor comprise of 2 rotors in a casing, with the rotors compressing the air within. These types are oil-cooled, in which the oil seals the inner clearances and without valves.
Centrifugal Air Compressors
Dissimilar to the other 2 types, centrifugal air compressor are an active compressor that is based on the transferring of energy from a rotating wheel to the air. These compressors are designed for higher capacity since flow through the compressor is continual. These compressors are free of oil and the oil-lubed running-gear is separate from the air by shaft-seals and atmospherical venting.
Willing Service Corporation offers a full range of Air Compressors for sale nationwide!
Willing Service is proud to sell air compressors nationwide. You can choose the brand, model, and size you need for your purposes and we will ship it straight to your shop or business. Shop industrial air compressors online and get it touch with us today by giving us a call at (602) 246-6940.